Regular HVAC maintenance is one of the most critical steps to staying comfortable in your own home. In this post, we’ll take a look at some easy things you can do to keep your heating and air conditioning running smoothly for years to come.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Here are some pointers to help you stay comfortable:
- Change your air filter at least every three months.
- If you have an electrostatic filter, it can be washed.
- Clean the area around your outdoor A/C unit by removing leaves and other debris.
- You can even spray it down with a hose to clear away dirt and dust.
- Make sure the registers in your home are not blocked by rugs or furniture.
HOW WE CAN HELP
You can probably take care of the above pointers on your own. Some other tasks may require a professional to ensure quality maintenance. The Bosworth Company has the tools and expertise to perform work on these parts of your HVAC unit:
- Electrical connections: tightening loose connections not only makes them work better but also safer since they can prevent an electrical short.
- Condensate drain: A/C units can produce a lot of condensation while they are running. Most units have a pan to catch the runoff, which is then piped out of the home. If this pipe gets clogged, it can cause significant water damage to your home.
- Moving parts: As with anything mechanical, lubrication of moving parts will prevent overheating. This will help keep your unit running smoothly and efficiently, and keep your bills low.
- Blower: If your blower is dirty or needs adjustment, it can really cut into efficiency. When it’s properly adjusted, you’ll be able to tell the difference in your home.
- Refrigerant: A/C units need something to keep them cool, but you have to have the right type and the right amount to keep it as effective as possible. If there’s a leak in the system, you could be losing some of the cool that you’re paying for.
- Fuel lines: Gas or oil lines can be extremely hazardous if not connected properly. Make sure to have a pro check them out!
WORTH THE CALL
The Bosworth Company is here and ready to help you with all your plumbing and HVAC maintenance needs. Ask about our Fall HVAC Clean & Check! You can make an appointment today by calling 432-570-5233 or scheduling one online. The Bosworth Company. Worth the Call. Always.