We’d all love to make every possible improvement to our homes, but unless you strike oil or win the lottery, chances are you have to be strategic about which improvements you prioritize. One major factor in determining not only how an improvement will improve your quality of life – but also how much it will increase the value of your home. In this post, we’ll explore some of the reasons that installing a water softening system can improve your home’s resale value – including some you may not have thought of!
When you think of home improvements, you typically think of cosmetics. But there are some functional upgrades you can make as well, and a water softener should be at the top of that list. It significantly improves your water for washing and bathing – and will do the same for the new homeowners should you decide to sell.
The decision to get a water softener is a “hard” one, but it shouldn’t be difficult. That’s because not only will you enjoy the benefits of soft water, you will also avoid the pitfalls of hard water. Hard water, which is basically all tap water in Odessa and Midland, not only tastes terrible and is bad for your skin, but is also very hard on appliances. The life expectancy of all of your water-using appliances will instantly increase when you invest in a water softener. This will save you (and a future homeowner) money.
A water softener adds monetary value to your home. Depending on a few factors, it’s estimated that a new water softening system will instantly add $5,000 to $10,000 to the value of your home. Some of that value comes from the system itself, but the long-term value comes from the increased performance of all water-using appliances.
BENEFITS OF SOFT WATER
Here are just a few of the reasons that a water softener is a great investment in your home, even if you don’t plan on selling anytime soon:
- Your water will instantly look and feel cleaner.
- Hard water can make your clothes feel stiff and starchy. A water softener will go easy on your laundry, making your clothes softer and longer-lasting.
- Whether it’s dishes in the dishwasher, shower walls, or bathroom countertops, soft water will mean no spots on surfaces!
- Not only will your appliances last longer, but they’ll also run more efficiently because the build-up from hard water won’t slow them down!
- Hard water can leave your skin and hair dry and itchy – soft water removes those concerns to leave your skin smooth and your hair silky!
WORTH THE CALL
A water softener can be a great investment for anyone looking for cleaner, fresher water. The Bosworth Company even offers full water softening systems, as well as reverse osmosis (RO) bundles for sale or rent, with maintenance included! Make an appointment online, or call us today at (432) 570-5233 and talk to an expert about what a water softener can do for you! It’s Worth the Call. Always.